Last Updated : 31 Aug 2019
125th Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda’s Chicago Addresses – Concluding Programs
All India Alumni Meet : Online Registration
28 & 29 December, 2019 at Belur Math
As part of the 125th anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda’s Addresses in the World’s Parliament of Religions, Chicago, we have decided to organize a two day All India Alumni Meet at Belur Math on 28th and 29th December, 2019 for the ex-students who had studied in our academic institutions or stayed in our Students’ Homes and Orphanages, all over India.
The two day program will consist of lectures on Thakur, Ma and Swamiji by senior monks of the Ramakrishna Order, Guided Meditation, Group Discussions and sharing of experiences by the ex-students. All the programs will be in English.The ex-students will have the opportunity for attending morning and evening prayers and informal interactions with many monks of our order.
Ex-students (both male & female) who have passed out of our institutions like Schools, Colleges, RKMVERI, Teacher Training Institutions like PTTI/College of Education, Polytechnics, ITI’s, Veda Vidyalaya, Nursing Schools/Colleges, PG Medical Schools or stayed in our Students’ Homes/Hostels, and Orphanages are eligible to participate in this program.
Ex-students from our Vocational/Skill Development programmes including Computer Training Centres, Rural Development programmes, Rehabilitation centres, School of Languages, primary schools, free coaching classes and Balak Sangas are not included for this Meet.
The ex-students who had stayed and/or studied in the eligible institutions mentioned above may enroll themselves as residential or non-residential delegates for this program by entering the details in the form here.
For further queries, please contact : [email protected]
- Ex-students (both male and female) who had passed out of our institutions like Schools, Colleges, Teacher Training Institutes, RKMVERI, Polytechnics, ITI’s, Veda Vidyalaya, Nursing Schools/Colleges, PG Medical Schools or stayed in our Students’ Homes/Hostels, and Orphanages are eligible to participate in this program.
- Ex-students from our, Vocational/Skill Development programmes including Computer Training Centres, Rural Development programmes, Rehabilitation centres, School of Languages, primary schools and Balak Sangas are not included in this Meet.
- Only those ex-students having allegiance towards our ideals and activities and also enjoy reasonably good health may register themselves as delegates. They should be more than 25 years of age as on 1 December 2019.
- The travelling expenditure and other incidental expenses have to be borne by the alumni. We shall not reimburse any expenditure incurred on their part to attend this program.
- The delegates, both residential and non-residential, can bring their immediate family members (maximum two members) for the two day program as Guests. However, they have to make their own arrangements for their accommodations. The Guests can witness the programs and lunch will be provided to them on both days.
- The accommodation for the residential delegates will be arranged at the student hostels at our Saradapitha, University, Baranagar Mission, Narendrapur and Rahara centres. It will be of dormitory type with common washrooms and mostly Indian style toilets. Warm water will be available for bathing.
- The residential female delegates will be accommodated separately at Belur Math or at our Narendrapur centre. They may also attend the program as a non-residential delegate in which case they have to arrange for their own accomodation.
- The residential delegates should report at their allotted place of accommodation (to be intimated later), on Friday 27 December 2019 before 6 pm and leave by 12 noon on Monday, 30 December 2019. It would not be possible for us to provide accommodation beyond this stated period on either side of 27 and 29th December 2019.
- The Participation fees are as follows:
- Residential Delegates – ₹ 500
- Non-residential Delegates – ₹ 300
- Guests – ₹ 200
- The Participation fees once paid will be non-refundable and cannot be exchanged with any other person.
- The detailed program, transportation and accommodation details will be shared with the alumni in due course of time.
Online Registration Process
The registration is a two step process.
- Confirm yourselves that you are eligible for attending the Alumni Meet. (See pts. 1 to 3)
- Fill the registration form online. You need to upload a supporting document to prove that you are eligible to attend the Meet. The supporting document may be a School leaving certificate, Mark sheet with your alma mater’s name on it, bonafide certificate from the head of the Ramakrishna Mission Centre that you were an inmate in their Students Home/Hostel or Orphanage during such and such period, or any other convincing proof of your eligibility.
- A valid Photo Identity card has to be uploaded.
- We shall scrutinize the form and the supporting documents and once we are convinced that you are eligible, we shall send you a link for making the payment. Please note point 9 for details on Participation fees.
- The acknowledgement slip and a money receipt will be sent by us, once the payment is credited to our account.
- Kindly keep the acknowledgement slip carefully and show it at the time of reporting to the Alumni Meet.
- Please note that the failure to follow the above process will result in the cancellation of your enrolment as a delegate to the Alumni Meet, at any stage.
- If payment is made by ineligible persons for the Alumni Meet before the confirmation from our side, such payments will be treated as a general donation and not as the Participation fees for the Alumni Meet. It cannot be refunded, but a money receipt for donation will be sent.