The Mission centre was started in 1907.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A 178-bed hospital with 139 free beds and medical, surgical, paediatric, ICU, dermatology, eye, ENT, dental, maternity, physiotherapy, gynaecology, diabetes, cardiology, psychiatry, orthopaedic, radiology, pathology departments, blood bank, CT scan, and dialysis units. This year’s admissions were 15,415.
- A outpatient department with allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic sections, which treated 3,83,833 cases. Patients (indoor and outdoor) were provided with free medicines worth Rs. 2.61 crore during the year.
- Emergency department offering consultation when OPD is closed served 28,212 patients this year.
- Rural development project, under which (a) a mobile medical unit treated 44,843 patients, (b) general awareness and health education were imparted through community health programmes, and (c) eye and other medical camps were conducted in nearby villages.
- Two non-formal schools with 200 slum children who were also provided with tiffin, books and stationery.
- A school of nursing with 87 students offering general nursing and midwifery course.
- Dairy, agricultural farms and cultivation of medicinal herbs.
- Welfare activities such as providing food, books, clothing, blankets, pecuniary help, student scholarships, etc to the poor and needy, benefiting 19,349 people. Total amount spent was about Rs. 1.58 crore.
‘Ma Sarada Kutir’: This house earlier known as Kalababu’s Kunj belonged to the family of Sri Balaram Basu, one of the chief lay disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi stayed in this house for a year after the passing away of the Master. It was also sanctified by the stay of almost all monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. The sevashrama had its humble beginning here with a small homoeopathic dispensary in 1907.
Activities at ‘Ma Sarada Kutir’:
- A memorial building having Holy Mother’s shrine.
- A meditation hall.
- A permanent exhibition on the Holy Trio.
The Math centre was started in 1965.
Activities of the Math Centre:
- A library (with students’ section) with 9452 books and 18 newspapers and periodicals.
- Welfare work by way of giving financial and other types of help to widows and other needy people.
- Daily worship, bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam and Shyamnam Sankirtan, lectures, etc.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personages.