The Mission centre was started in 1907.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A 240-bed hospital with 170 free beds and medical, surgical, orthopaedic, ophthalmology, ultrasonography, psychiatry, dermatology, paediatric, ICU, dermatology, eye, ENT, dental, maternity, physiotherapy, gynaecology, diabetes, cardiology, radiology, pathology departments, blood bank, CT scan, catheterization lab, cancer centre, and dialysis units. This year 18,635 patients were admitted.
- An outpatient department with allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic sections, which treated 5,38,240 cases.
- The emergency department, offering consultation outside the OPD hours, served 34,247 patients this year.
- Vivekananda Medical Services (ViMS), a telemedicine service having two units at the ashrama and other units in nine villages, covering entire Mathura district.
- Rural development project, under which (a) a mobile medical unit treated 53,322 patients, (b) general awareness and health education were imparted through community health programmes, and (c) eye and other medical camps were conducted in nearby villages.
- Four units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 200 poor children.
- A residential school of nursing offering GNM course with 119 students.
- Dairy and agricultural farms.
- Welfare activities such as providing ration to the widows, books, clothing, blankets, pecuniary help, student scholarships, free medicines, etc to the poor and needy, benefiting 70,324 people. Total amount spent was about Rs. 2.70 crore.
‘Ma Sarada Kutir’: This house earlier known as Kalababu’s Kunj belonged to the family of Sri Balaram Basu, one of the chief lay disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi stayed in this house for a year after the passing away of the Master. It was also sanctified by the stay of almost all monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. The sevashrama had its humble beginning here with a small homoeopathic dispensary in 1907. This house has a Holy Mother’s shrine with a meditation hall and a permanent exhibition on the Holy Trio.
The Math centre was started in 1965.
Activities of the Math Centre:
- A library (with students’ section) with 9452 books and 23 newspapers and periodicals.
- Welfare work by way of giving financial and other types of help to widows and other needy people.
- Daily worship, bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam and Shyamnam Sankirtan, lectures, etc.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personages.