Started in 1959, the centre was made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 1984. Swami Medhasananda is its swami-in-charge.
- Regular religious classes and retreats at the centre and at other places in Japan.
- Sunday yogasana classes.
- Publication of a bi-monthly magazine, Fumetsu No Kotoba, in Japanese. The centre has also brought out Japanese translations of some of the Ramakrishna-Vivekananda literature.
- A small library and a bookshop.
- Welfare work by serving food once a month to homeless people in Kotobuki-cho in Yokohama.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and Lord Buddha, and also Christmas Eve.