The ashrama was started in 1936 and made a branch centre in 1941.
- A higher secondary school with 468 boys and 348 girls.
- A Sanskrit upper primary school with 238 boys and 122 girls.
- A junior basic school with 156 boys and 112 girls.
- A nursery school with 85 children.
- Five libraries attached to the schools had 3443 books and 16 newspapers and periodicals. Besides, the public library with attached reading room had 10,145 books and 38 periodicals and dailies.
- A students’ home with 103 boys.
- A community centre for Harijans with a library for children (having 4897 books and 12 newspapers and periodicals).
- A computer training centre with 131 students.
- A typewriting training centre with 47 students.
- Daily worship, monthly retreats, occasional classes, and public lectures on and off the ashrama premises.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other prophets along with local festivals.
- A sub-centre at Muvattupuzha (Sri Ramakrishna Ashram, Kizhakkekara, Muvattupuzha, Kerala 686 661).