Started by Swami Shivananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna) in 1902, this ashrama has for long served as a retreat for the old and retired monks of our Order.
- A library and a free reading room with 17,945 books and 28 periodicals and newspapers.
- Daily worship and bhajans.
- Performance of Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Lakshmi Puja, etc and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual personalities.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help to needy.
- Religious classes and lectures (273 this year).