The Ashrama was started in 1923 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Math a few years later.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A students’ home with 30 boys.
- A library with 3360 books and 20 periodicals.
- The ashrama has published 22 books so far.
- A computer training centre with 53 students.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary including two mobile units. 14,148 cases were treated during the year.
- Yuvak Sangha, a cultural centre for students.
- Daily worship, bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, weekly religious classes and occasional discourses in and around the city.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, as well as other religious festivals.
The Mission centre was started in 1990.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- Three primary schools with 195 students.
- Under Grameen Shiksha Prakalpa 198 coaching centres were helped to conduct their activities, which benefited 7500 primary school students.
- Relief and welfare work by way of giving food, clothing, blankets and educational help to poor and needy people.