The Ashrama started in 1936, was made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 2012. A branch of Ramakrishna Mission was started there in the same year.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship and bhajans, and weekly religious classes.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and some other festivals.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- Two primary schools with 150 poor children.
- A students’ home with 28 students.
- A library with 1700 books.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 6200 patients.
- Welfare work by way of providing clothes, blankets, and pecuniary help to the poor and scholarships to meritorious students.