The Ashrama started in 1936, was made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 2012. A branch of Ramakrishna Mission was started there in the same year.
Activities of the Ashrama (Math centre):
- Daily worship and bhajans, and weekly religious classes.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and some other festivals.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- One primary school with 145 poor children.
- A students’ home with 28 students.
- A library with 1,710 books.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 8,500 patients.
- Two free coaching centre with 191 students.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help, medical help to the poor and scholarships and educational kits to meritorious poor students.
Ramakrishna Ashrama and Ramakrishna Mission, Narail:
Sri Sri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Narail, was established in 1928. It was taken over in 2014 and sub-centres of Ramakrishna Ashrama and Ramakrishna Mission, Jessore, were started there.