This branch of Ramakrishna Math was started in 1916 and the branch of Ramakrishna Mission was started in February 2013.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship and bhajans, and weekly discourses.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and some other festivals.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A library with 1060 books.
- A students’ home with 45 students.
- A computer training centre, affiliated to Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB), with 140 students.
- 150 free coaching centres at villages Kalmakanda, Durgapur, Mohongonj, Dharampasha, Barhatta, Bishorpasha etc with 3750 students.
- A homeopathic dispensary, which treated 16,065 patients and conducted a blood donation camp.
- Welfare work by way of providing clothes, blankets, etc to the needy and pecuniary help to students.