This centre, started in 1936, was made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 2007. A branch of Ramakrishna Math was started there in March 2013.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- An orphanage with 60 orphans and a students’ home with 80 college students.
- A charitable allopathic dispensary which treated 2640 cases.
- A library with 700 books and 5 periodicals.
- An audio-visual unit which screened religious and educative films.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help and scholarships to poor and meritorious students, and food, clothing, etc to the poor and needy.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship, prayers and bhajans, weekly religious classes and discourses in and outside the Ashrama.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja and other religious festivals.