This centre, started in 1936, was made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 2007. A branch of Ramakrishna Math was started there in March 2013.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship, prayers and bhajans, weekly religious classes and discourses in the ashrama and elsewhere.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja and other religious festivals.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- An orphanage with 50 orphans and a students’ home with 75 college students.
- A charitable allopathic dispensary which treated 2370 cases.
- A library with 720 books and 5 periodicals.
- An audio-visual unit which screened religious and educative films.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help and scholarships to poor and meritorious students, and food, clothing, etc to the poor and needy.