The Math centre was started in 1924.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship, regular scriptural classes, bhajans, Ramnam Sankirtan, and lectures in and outside the ashrama.
- Celebration of Durga Puja, Kali Puja, and the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other saints and prophets.
- A public library and a free reading room with 4610 books and 15 newspapers and periodicals.
The Mission centre was opened in 1942.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A higher secondary school with 995 students.
- Two urban junior basic schools with 348 boys and 5 girls.
- Three rural junior basic schools with 121 boys and 127 girls.
- Libraries attached to the schools had 6085 books and 5 periodicals.
- A students’ home with 79 boys.
- Two vocational training units for tailoring, carpentry and book-binding (total 20 men trainees) at the district correctional home, Malda.
- Five free coaching centres, one in a nearby slum and others in four villages of Malda district, with 240 students.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 4269 patients, including 158 TB patients, during the year.
- Two free eye camps in which 130 patients examined and 80 spectacles were given.
- A mobile medical unit serving in rural areas: 6265 patients were treated.
- A cleft-lip and cleft-palate screening camp in which 42 patients were screened for operation.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help, food, textbooks, study materials, school uniforms, clothing and blankets to the poor and needy.
The requested photo source cannot be loaded at this time.