The Math centre was founded by Swami Brahmananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna) in 1919.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship, regular religious classes, and discourses inside and outside the ashrama.
- Celebration of Kali Puja and the birthdays of some prophets and saints.
- A publication department which publishes books in Odia. 4 new and 10 reprints were brought out during the year. Total number of titles : 148.
- Publication of a monthly magazine Vivek Prabha in Odia (4000 subscribers).
The Mission centre was founded in 1920.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A secondary school with 308 boys and 215 girls.
- A free students’ home for 60 tribal boys.
- A charitable allopathic and homeopathic dispensary, which treated 25,610 cases.
- A rural mobile medical unit, which treated 3707 cases.
- A library and a reading room with 35,411 books and 110 periodicals and newspapers.
- A free coaching centre with 52 students.
- Monthly cultural meetings and regular yogasana classes for youths.
- Welfare work by way of providing educational help to poor meritorious students, and pecuniary help to the poor.