The Math centre vows its origin to Sri Ramakrishna Samajam founded in 1910. This was superseded in 1992 by Sri Ramakrishna Seva Samiti. The Seva Samiti was taken over by the Ramakrishna Math in 2004 and made a sub-centre of Ramakrishna Math, Chennai. It became a fullfledged centre in 2005.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A library.
- Weekly dispensary with allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic sections.
- Weekly religious classes in and outside the ashrama.
The Mission centre was started in 2005 at Putlampalli, about 6 km from Kadapa city.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A high school.
- A free students’ home for boys.
- Spoken English classes.
- A mobile cultural unit which conducts personality development programmes.
- A three-day residential workshop for teachers, a youth convention, a devotees’ convention and a personality development course for students.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, weekly religious classes, residential spiritual retreats, discourses in and around town, and celebration of the birthdays of spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work by way of distributing food to devotees during festivals in a nearby temple.