The Math centre was started in 1910. After being taken over in 2004, it was made a sub-centre under Chennai Math. It became a full-fledged centre in 2005.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A library and a free reading room with 3994 books and 15 newspapers and periodicals.
- Weekly allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic dispensary, which treated 10,712 patients.
- Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, weekly religious classes, residential spiritual retreats, discourses in and around town, and celebration of the birthdays of spiritual luminaries.
The Mission centre was started in 2005.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A primary school with 237 children.
- A free students’ home with 35 boys.
- Vivekananda Institute of Spoken English conducted four courses with total 158 students.
- VIDYA (Vivekananda’s Inspiration for Development of Youth Awakening): a mobile unit for conducting personality development programmes in various parts of the state. During the year 40 programmes were conducted in which 9780 students participated.