The Math centre was started in 1910. After being taken over in 2004, it was made a sub-centre under Chennai Math. It became a full-fledged centre in 2005.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A library and a free reading room with 3994 books.
- Weekly allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic dispensary, which treated 8,974 patients.
- Weekly religious classes in and outside the ashrama.
The Mission centre was started in 2005.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A primary school with 249 children.
- A free students’ home with 28 boys.
- Vivekananda Institute of Spoken English conducted four courses with total 78 students.
- VIDYA (Vivekananda’s Inspiration for Development of Youth Awakening): a mobile unit for conducting personality development programmes in various parts of the state. During the year 45 programmes were conducted in which 9,817 students participated.
- A three-day residential workshop for 100 teachers, a youth convention for 1200 youths and a 7-day summer camp for 260 students.
- Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, weekly religious classes, residential spiritual retreats, discourses in and around town, and celebration of the birthdays of spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work by way of distributing food to devotees during festivals in a nearby temple.