The Math centre was founded elsewhere in 1947 and later shifted to its present premises.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Worship and bhajans every day, weekly classes, fortnightly Ramnam sankirtan, spiritual retreats and occasional lectures.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual
- Ramakrishna Balavrinda, a Sunday school with 142 children.
- Personality development workshops, yogasana camps, youths’ and teachers’ conventions, summer camps and cultural competitions for students.
The Mission centre was started in 1951.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A boys’ home with 62 students.
- A library with 9520 books and 55 newspapers and periodicals.
- A free coaching centre with 132 students.
- A unit of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 52 poor children.
- Swachchha Mangaluru, a cleanliness drive:
- 291 cleanliness-related programmes were conducted in Mangaluru city and 332 cleanliness drives in rural areas.
- Orientation programmes for school students were conducted in which 10,757 students from 108 schools took part.
- Welfare work by way of distributing milk and tiffin to 24,800 poor children, clothes to needy, and providing scholarships, books and other educational aids to students and pecuniary help to patients.