The Math & Mission centres were started in 1913 and taken over in 1928.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship and fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan.
- Regular classes and public lectures on and off the ashrama premises.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and also Durga Puja and Kali Puja.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 9,155 cases this year.
- A students’ home with 29 students.
- A library and a reading room with 5164 books and 15 periodicals and newspapers.
- A unit of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 50 poor children.
- Welfare work by way of providing books and stipends to students, and financial help, food grains, blankets, clothing, etc to needy persons.
- A rural development project consisting of 9 charitable mobile homeopathic dispensaries (total patients: 19,588), 5 non-formal education centres with 251 students, and 6 coaching centres with 91 students, and a vocational training centre imparting training in carpentry, tailoring and maintenance of electrical appliances with 23 trainees.