The Mission centre was started in 1914 and taken over in 1925.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A 350-bed hospital: The hospital has the following sections: general medicine, general and orthopedic surgery, ENT, gynecology, gastroenterology, dermatology, dentistry, ophthalmology, urology, oncology, ICU, CVTD, neonatal intensive care unit, neurosurgery, nephrology, pathology, radiology, blood bank, physiotherapy, psychiatry, TB, family planning, homeopathy, Ayurveda, The inpatient department treated 24,595 cases this year. The outpatient department treated 14,54,208 cases. Leprosy treatment was given to 374 patients, 821 TB patients were treated this year and 4196 free cataract surgeries were performed.
- A mobile medical unit which treated 1,71,253 cases during the year.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) programmes, student seminars and conferences, health awareness programmes, camps on breast surgery, antimicrobial resistance, pharmacovigilance, dental checkup, acupuncture, panchkarma, etc.
- Courses in postgraduate DNB: Total 78 students in 12 disciplines. 21 students completed the course this year. A medical library with 4392 books and 41 journals and newspapers was also maintained for the students.
- Diploma in paramedical courses (total 58 students in 7 disciplines).
- The college of nursing offering B.Sc. (Nursing) and M.Sc. Nursing (Hons) had 200 students and the school of nursing offering GNM (diploma course) had 79 students. The college has a library-cum-study room for the students.
- Four units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 200 slum children.
- Welfare work by way of providing medical help, pecuniary help, etc.
A sub-centre of Ramakrishna Mission Sevashrama, Lucknow, has been started in Ayodhya (Jan 2018) under the name “Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Ayodhya” with 379 square metres of land near Saryu River received from a devotee. The sub-centre was formally inaugurated on 2 June 2019.
The Math centre was started in 1982.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A library with 47,255 books and 92 newspapers and periodicals.
- Daily worship and bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam and Shyamnam Sankirtans, and weekly religious discourses and lectures.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious prophets, as also Durga Puja and other festivals.
- Various cultural programmes and personality development and yoga classes for 50 students.