The Mission centre was started in 1914 and taken over in 1925.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- Vivekananda Polyclinic: A 350-bed hospital with the following sections: general medicine, general and orthopedic surgery, ENT, gynecology, gastroenterology, dermatology, dentistry, ophthalmology, urology, oncology, ICU, CVTD, neonatal intensive care unit, neurosurgery, nephrology, pathology, radiology, blood bank, physiotherapy, psychiatry, TB, family planning, homeopathy, Ayurveda, etc.
- A mobile medical unit
- Courses in postgraduate DNB in 12 disciplines.
- Diploma in paramedical courses in 8 disciplines.
- The college of nursing offering B.Sc. (Nursing) and M.Sc. Nursing (Hons) offering GNM (diploma course).
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) programmes, student seminars and conferences, health awareness programmes, camps on breast surgery, antimicrobial resistance, pharmacovigilance, dental checkup, acupuncture, panchkarma, etc.
- Four units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 200 slum children.
- Welfare work by way of providing medical help, pecuniary help, etc.
A sub-centre of Ramakrishna Mission Sevashrama, Lucknow, has been started in Ayodhya (Jan 2018) under the name “Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Ayodhya” with 379 square metres of land near Saryu River received from a devotee. The sub-centre was formally inaugurated on 2 June 2019.
The Math centre was started in 1982.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A library and a reading room with 47,625 books and 92 newspapers and periodicals.
- Daily worship and bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam and Shyamnam Sankirtans, and weekly religious discourses and lectures.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious prophets, as also Durga Puja, Lakshmi Puja, Kali Puja and other festivals.
- Various cultural and personality development programmes and yoga classes.