The Mission centre was started in 1914 and taken over in 1925.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A 350-bed hospital: The hospital has the following sections: general medicine, general and orthopaedic surgery, ENT, gynaecology, gastroenterology, dermatology, dentistry, ophthalmology, urology, oncology, ICU, CVTD, neonatal intensive care unit, neurosurgery, nephrology, pathology, radiology, blood bank, physiotherapy, psychiatry, TB, family planning, homeopathy, ayurveda, etc. The inpatient department treated 23,453 cases this year. The outpatient department treated 14,48,147 cases.
- A mobile medical unit which treated 1,24,207 cases during the year.
- Annual CME (Continuing Medical Education), and occasional camps on dental checkup, cleft-lip and cleft-palate, arthritis and joint replacement, kidney stones and urinary diseases, obesity and pain management, hepatitis B screening, cardiology; awareness programmes on breast cancer, glaucoma and hysteria; yoga and naturopathy camps, pranic healing camps etc.
- Courses in postgraduate DNB: Total 76 students in 12 disciplines. A medical library was also maintained for the students.
- Diploma in Paramedical courses (Total 52 students in 8 disciplines).
- The college of nursing offering B.Sc. (Nursing) and M.Sc. Nursing (Hons) had 184 students and the school of nursing offering GNM (diploma course) had 80 students.
- Welfare work by way of providing medical help, pecuniary help, etc.
The Math centre was started in 1982.
Activities of the Math centre:
- A library with 46,782 books and 95 newspapers and periodicals.
- A free coaching centre for 50 slum children.
- Daily worship and bhajans, fortnightly Ramnam and Shyamnam Sankirtans, and weekly religious discourses and lectures.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious prophets, as also Durga Puja and other festivals.
- Various cultural programmes and personality development and yoga classes for 50 students.