The Math centre, situated at the birthplace of Swami Brahmananda, the first President of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, was started in 1958 and taken over in 2002.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan and regular religious classes in and outside the ashrama.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Brahmananda and other religious personalities.
The Mission centre was started in 1992.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A free allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary with a mobile medical unit, which served 24,967 patients.
- Four non-formal primary schools in villages with 390 students.
- Nineteen free coaching centres, two at the centre with 90 students and the rest at Sundarban area with 363 poor boys.
- Values education classes in Basirhat Sub-Reformatory.
- A library with 2710 books, textbook bank for students and 12 periodicals and newspapers.
- Welfare work by way of providing medical help and pecuniary help to the needy, distributing blankets, clothes, milk to the needy and educational aids to poor students.