The Math centre, situated at the birthplace of Swami Brahmananda, the first President of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, was started in 1958 and taken over in 2002.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan and regular religious classes in and outside the ashrama.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Brahmananda and Sri Krishna, and other religious festivals.
The Mission centre was started in 1992.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A free allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary with a mobile medical unit, which served 12,921 patients.
- Four non-formal primary schools in villages with 335 students.
- Nineteen free coaching centres, two at the centre with 85 students and the rest at Sundarban area with 439 poor boys. Training in Bratachari and yoga also provided to the students.
- Five units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 273 poor children.
- Values education classes in Basirhat Sub-Reformatory.
- A library with 2710 books, textbook bank for students and 10 periodicals and newspapers.
- Welfare work by way of providing medical help and pecuniary help to the needy, distributing blankets, clothes, milk to the needy and educational aids and stipends to the poor students.