This centre, situated at the birthplace of Swami Premananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna), was started in 1965 and made a branch in 1986.
- Free coaching classes for 218 boys and 92 girls.
- A library with 612 books, 5 periodicals and newspapers and a book bank for needy students (594 this year) from class V to degree.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary: 9150 cases were treated during the year. Besides a blood donation camp was held (37 persons donated blood).
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 3940 patients.
- In weekly dental camps 1452 patients and in mother and child care service 741 patients were treated this year.
- With the help of an eye hospital at Jangalpara, 57 cataract surgeries were performed.
- Self-employment scheme for the rural poor.
- Welfare work by providing clothes, blankets, scholarships, medical help, pecuniary help, etc to poor people of the area.
- Daily worship and regular religious classes.
- Celebration of Durga Puja, and the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and Swami Premananda. The centre also celebrates, on 24 December, the event of 1886 when Swami Vivekananda and eight of his brother-disciples took the vows of renunciation before a dhuni (sacred fire).