The centre was started in 1922 in the house of Sri Balaram Basu, one of the chief lay disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. The place has been sanctified by the numerous visits of Sri Ramakrishna, his disciples, and Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi. It was here that Swami Vivekananda inaugurated Ramakrishna Mission Association on 1 May 1897. The centre was made a branch in 2002.
- Daily worship, bhajans and fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, lectures and discourses.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and the Ratha-Yatra festival.
- Welfare activities by way of providing scholarships and pecuniary help to poor students, distribution of clothes and blankets to the needy.
- A small library with 1848 books and 7 periodicals and newspapers.