Started in 1973 at the site of the old Baranagar Math of sacred memories, the first monastery of the Ramakrishna Order, the ashrama was taken over in 2001.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary (20,029 cases treated).
- A non-formal education centre with 418 Besides, 26 students were trained in basic computer operations.
- Three units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 150 poor children.
- Welfare work by way of distributing milk, clothes, blankets, etc to the needy and providing medical help and pecuniary help to the Monthly stipends were offered to 383 school and college students.
- Weekly religious discourses, endowment lectures, cultural programmes, and the celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.