Started in 1973 at the site of the old Baranagar Math of sacred memories, the first monastery of the Ramakrishna Order, the ashrama was taken over in 2001.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary (22,998 cases treated). Besides, an eye camp was organized and 23 patients operated for cataract removal.
- A library with 1178 books and 39 periodicals and newspapers.
- A free coaching centre with 42 students.
- A non-formal education centre with 360 students.
- Welfare work by way of distributing milk, clothes, blankets, etc to the needy and providing pecuniary help to the poor.
- Weekly religious discourses, endowment lectures, cultural programmes, and the celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.