The ashrama, situated at the birthplace of Swami Shivananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna), was started in 1961 and made a branch centre in 1985.
- A library with 5978 books and 26 periodicals and newspapers.
- A charitable homeopathic-cum-allopathic dispensary with pathology, physiotherapy and CT scan sections, which treated 53,217 cases this year.
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 5,878 patients this year.
- Daily worship, bhajans, regular religious discourses and classes.
- Observance of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Shivananda and other religious personalities, and celebration of festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.
- Welfare work by way of providing books and other educational aids to students, and pecuniary help to the needy.