The ashrama, situated at the birthplace of Swami Shivananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna), was started in 1961 and made a branch centre in 1985.
- A library with 5885 books and 19 periodicals and newspapers.
- A charitable homeopathic-cum-allopathic dispensary, which treated 54,819 cases this year.
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 5591 patients this year.
- Daily worship, bhajans, regular religious discourses and classes.
- Observance of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Shivananda and other religious personalities, and celebration of festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.
- Welfare work by way of providing books and other educational aids to students, and pecuniary help to the needy.