The ashrama was started in 1920.
- A library with 6241 books and 3 periodicals and newspapers.
- Welfare work by way of providing milk and nutritious food to poor students and pecuniary help to needy people.
- A charitable homeopathic dispensary which treated 5231 patients.
- A unit of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 30 poor boys.
- Daily worship, regular classes, occasional discourses and celebration of the birthdays of spiritual luminaries and also festivals like Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja, Shivaratri, etc.