Started in 1935 as Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Ashrama, the centre was made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 2004.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 3994 patients this year.
- A mobile medical unit (3444 patients treated) and eye camps (228 patients operated on).
- A free coaching centre with 55 students who were also provided with nutritious supplements and educational materials.
- A unit of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 100 children.
- Daily worship, bhajans, weekly religious classes, and occasional discourses on and off the ashrama premises.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Vijnanananda and other religious teachers, and also festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.
- Welfare work by way of providing scholarships, clothes, blankets, pecuniary help, etc to poor people.