The centre was started in 1927. Although it ceased to be an official branch of Ramakrishna Math after some years, its activities continued. The management of the centre was again taken over by Ramakrishna Math in 2016.
- A students’ hostel with 30 tribal boys and a Balak Sangha.
- Thirteen values education programmes for 468 students and two summer camps for 60 students.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and festivals such as Navaratri.
- Weekly religious classes, monthly retreats and lectures in the ashrama and elsewhere.
- Welfare work by providing educational help to poor students and medical and pecuniary help to the needy.