The centre was started in 1953 at the birthplace of Swami Niranjanananda, a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, and made a branch of the Ramakrishna Math in 2008.
- A coaching centre for students.
- A vocational training centre offering training in tailoring.
- A unit of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary.
- Welfare work by way of distributing milk to poor children, blankets and clothes to the needy and monthly ration to the widows.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, arati and bhajans, regular discourses, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries.