The centre was started in 1953 at the birthplace of Swami Niranjanananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna) and made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 2008.
- A free coaching centre with 60 students.
- A vocational training centre offering training in computer operations (155 trainees) and tailoring (25 trainees).
- Two units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 100 poor children.
- A charitable homeopathic dispensary, which treated 1652 cases.
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 10,532 cases this year.
- Welfare work by way of distributing milk to poor children, blankets and clothes to the needy and monthly ration to the widows.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, arati and bhajans, regular discourses, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries.