This centre was started in 1883. It was founded by Sri Ram Chandra Dutta, a distinguished disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, and has been sanctified by the Master’s visit. It enshrines a part of the sacred relics of Sri Ramakrishna.
- A library with a reading room had 12,844 books and 28 periodicals and dailies.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 26,803 patients this year.
- Vivek Vahini, a mobile values education unit, which conducted values education and personality development programmes in villages with the help of educative films and exhibitions. It screened 13 films and conducted workshops in 90 schools benefiting 12,061 students of 51 villages.
- 32 poor boys were given free coaching, food, moral education, etc through Balak Sangha.
- A computer training centre benefiting 365 local slum boys.
- Values education programmes in 56 schools and four colleges attended by 12,215 students.
- Daily worship, Ramanam Sankirtan, weekly religious classes, occasional lectures, devotees’ meets, etc.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personages, Saraswati puja and also some other festivals.
- Welfare work by way of providing educational help to students and medical help, pecuniary help and blankets to poor and needy people.