This centre was started in 1883. It was founded by Sri Ram Chandra Dutta, a distinguished disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, and has been sanctified by the Master’s visit. It enshrines a part of the sacred relics of Sri Ramakrishna.
- A library with a reading room had 12,523 books and 36 periodicals and dailies.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 19,361 patients this year.
- Vivek Vahini, a mobile values education unit, which conducted values education and personality development programmes in villages with the help of educative films and exhibitions. It screened 7 films benefiting 2500 students of 7 villages.
- 36 poor boys were given free coaching, food, moral education, etc through Balak Sangha.
- A computer training centre benefiting 640 local slum boys.
- Daily worship, Ramnam Sankirtan, weekly religious classes, occasional lectures, devotees’ meets, etc.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personages, and also some other festivals.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of milk, garments, etc.