The ashrama was started in 1912 and taken over in 1924.
- A high school with 1112 students.
- A primary school with 833 students.
- Three free coaching centres with 132 students.
- A library (with 18,655 books and 11 periodicals and newspapers) and a free reading room.
- A charitable homeopathic dispensary, which treated 9278 patients during the year.
- A mobile medical unit that treated 18,287 cases this year.
- Welfare work by way of distributing milk, providing pecuniary help to the needy, and scholarships and stipends to poor and meritorious students.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, religious discourses, celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries.