This centre was started in a rented house in 1956 and was moved to its own present premises in 1958.
- A students’ home for 50 college boys.
- A library and a reading room with 13,073 books and 34 periodicals and newspapers.
- A charitable homeopathic dispensary, which treated 1537 cases this year.
- A free mobile medical unit to serve slumdwellers in and around Chandigarh (24,154 cases treated this year).
- An eye camp (24 patients underwent cataract surgery).
- Religious activities: Spiritual discourses four days a week, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, and other saints and prophets, weekly cultural and religious classes for children, and occasional lectures in and around Chandigarh as well as in several cities of Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
- Welfare work by way of distributing blankets, clothes to the needy and providing scholarships and pecuniary help to poor and meritorious students.