The centre was started in 1932.
- Three higher secondary schools, a primary school and a hostel. During the year, the higher secondary schools had 2946 boys and 318 girls, the primary school had 65 boys and 62 girls, and the hostel had 81 boys.
- Libraries attached to the ashrama and schools, with 38,643 books and 76 newspapers and periodicals.
- A summer camp for students (58 attended).
- Two teachers’ orientation programmes (160 attended).
- Spoken English course of 3 months’ duration (532 students during the year).
- Welfare work by way of providing buttermilk to more than 82,500 thirsty wayfarers during summer, food to 330 poor school children, medical help, scholarships and other educational help to poor students and pecuniary help to the needy.
- Religious activities: Observing the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Vidyarthi Homa and other religious luminaries.