The centre was started in 1932.
- Three higher secondary schools, a primary school and a hostel. During the year, the higher secondary schools had 2971 boys and 281 girls, the primary school had 101 boys and 84 girls, and the hostel had 84 boys.
- Libraries attached to the ashrama and schools, with 40,519 books and 85 newspapers and periodicals.
- A summer camp for students (60 attended).
- Two teachers’ orientation programmes (160 attended).
- Spoken English course of 3 months’ duration (262 students during the year).
- Welfare work by way of providing buttermilk to more than 93,000 thirsty wayfarers during summer, food to 362 poor school children, medical help, scholarships and other educational help to poor students and pecuniary help to the Rs. 44.49 lakh was spent during the year on welfare work.
- Religious activities: Observing the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries, and a Vidyarthi Homa for Hostel and school students.