The centre was started in 1921 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 1934.
- A primary school.
- A chatushpathi (Sanskrit school).
- A students’ home for college students.
- A library and a reading room.
- A homeopathic dispensary.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of food, clothes to the needy and providing educational and pecuniary help to the meritorious students.
- Daily worship, weekly religious classes, spiritual retreats, and observance of celebration of birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, as well as other religious festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja, Christmas Eve, etc.