The centre was started in 1921 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 1934.
- A primary school with 30 students.
- A chatushpathi (school for learning Sanskrit) with 124 students.
- A students’ home with 105 college students.
- A library and a reading room with 1150 books and 4 newspapers and periodicals and a book showroom.
- A homeopathic dispensary, which treated 800 cases.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of food, clothes, etc to the poor and needy and providing educational and pecuniary help to the meritorious students.
- Daily worship, weekly religious classes, spiritual retreats, and observance of celebration of birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, as well as other religious festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja, Christmas Eve, etc.