The centre was started in 1921 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 1934.
- A primary school with 50 students.
- A chatushpathi (school for learning Sanskrit) with 137 students.
- A students’ home with 92 boys.
- A library and a reading room with 1150 books and 4 newspapers and periodicals.
- A homeopathic dispensary, which treated 1050 cases.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of clothes, blankets, etc to the poor and needy.
- Daily worship, weekly religious classes and observance of festivals like birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, as well as other religious festivals and an annual function.