Ramakrishna Seva Samity, Guwahati, was founded in 1939. It became a branch of the Ramakrishna Mission in 1968 under the name ‘Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama’. The main campus of the Ashrama, which was earlier in Chatribari, moved to its present site at Ulubari in 1988.
- A library and a reading room with 12,329 books and 17 newspapers and periodicals.
- A free students’ home for tribal boys.
- A homeopathic-cum-allopathic dispensary.
- A mobile medical unit.
- A medical camp at Kamakhya during Ambubachi Mela.
- Three units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa.
- A publication department which publishes books in Assamese language and a quarterly magazine in Assamese, Vivek Bhaskar (8th year).
- Religious activities: Daily worship, weekly religious classes, observance of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, other religious personalities and also festivals like Durga Puja and Kali Puja.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of sewing machines, clothes and blankets, providing pecuniary help, etc. to the needy.