The ashrama was started in 1928 and made a branch of the Mission in 1941.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary which treated 17,260 cases.
- A students’ home with 20 students.
- A library and a free reading room with 12,553 books and 48 newspapers and periodicals.
- A unit of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa for 50 poor children.
- Welfare work by way of feeding the poor, and providing pecuniary help, medicines, rice, clothes, mosquito-nets and blankets to the needy and scholarships to poor and meritorious students.
- Religious activities: Conducting regular spiritual classes in the ashrama and outside, celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries and religious festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.