The ashrama was started in 1926 and made a branch of the Mission in 1931.
- A higher secondary school with 979 boys and 75 girls.
- A pre-basic school with 323 boys and 171 girls.
- A students’ home with 22 boys.
- Three coaching centres, with 150 students.
- A library with reading room had 5289 books and 4 periodicals.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary (10,633 patients treated) and medical camps (1137 dental patients treated).
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 7518 patients.
- Religious activities included regular religious classes, occasional lectures in and outside the ashrama, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help, blankets and food to the needy, and textbooks, school uniforms, etc to poor students.