The ashrama was started in 1926 and made a branch of the Mission in 1931.
- A secondary school (affiliated to CBSE) with 962 boys and 108 girls.
- A pre-basic school with 335 boys and 166 girls.
- A students’ home with 13 boys.
- Three units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 150 poor children.
- A library with reading room had 5648 books and 7 periodicals and newspapers.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary (9810 patients treated) and dental camps (721 patients treated).
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 7414 patients.
- Religious activities included regular religious classes, occasional lectures in and outside the ashrama, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries, and also Saraswati Puja, Kali Puja, etc.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help, blankets and food to the needy, and textbooks, school uniforms, etc to poor students.