The centre, situated in the Sagar Island, was started in 1928.
- A high school with 824 boys.
- A junior basic school with 202 boys.
- A primary school with 149 girls.
- A students’ home with 77 boys.
- A unit of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 49 underprivileged children.
- Three coaching centres with 151 students, mostly from the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
- Ten non-formal education centres with 1942 students.
- Two libraries having 6049 books and 21 newspapers and periodicals.
- A vocational training centre for training in weaving and tailoring (23 women trainees).
- A charitable homeopathic dispensary: 1842 cases treated.
- Weekly and special medical camps (allopathic) at different places in the Sagar Island (5628 patients treated). Cataract surgery was performed on 22 patients.
- Welfare work by way of providing food, milk, medicines, pecuniary help, blankets etc to the poor and needy, service to pilgrims at Gangasagar Mela and educational aids to poor students.
- Religious activities: Regular spiritual classes and celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.