The ashrama was started in 1922 and made a branch of the Mission in 1926.
- A charitable dispensary with allopathic, homeopathic and eye sections, TB and diabetes clinics and a pathological laboratory. 25,891 patients were treated and 3780 were operated on for cataract in its eye-clinic, Sarada Netralaya, during the year. Further, 22,137 patients were examined in the eye examination camps conducted in different parts of the state.
- A library and a free reading room with 38,349 books and 45 newspapers and periodicals.
- A free-of-charge students’ home for 20 boys.
- A unit of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa wiht 118 slum children.
- Welfare work by way of distributing food, milk, clothing, blankets, pecuniary help, etc to the poor.
- Religious activities: Regular scriptural classes and lectures, celebration of Durga Puja, Kali Puja and the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.