The ashrama was started in 1944.
- A students’ home with 81 students, all of them being tribal boys, who were provided free board, lodging and coaching facilities.
- A vocational training centre, which trained 30 students in typewriting, 37 students in basic computer applications and 15 women in tailoring.
- Thirteen free coaching centres with 364 students.
- A library and a free reading room with a children’s section, having 27,446 books and 52 newspapers and periodicals.
- Six units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 301 poor children.
- Annual competitions in elocution, drawing, etc for students.
- A mobile medical unit (3935 cases treated this year).
- Free medical camps, where 168 cases were treated this Four eye camps treated 242 patients.
- Under the self-employment programme, 14 trolleys and 3 cycle rickshaws were distributed to poor fruit sellers and rickshaw pullers.
- Medical relief work and distribution of lemonade during car festival (Ratha Yatra) to pilgrims and distribution of scholarship, clothing, stationery, etc to poor students, blankets, pecuniary help to needy, weekly free ration to aged persons, etc.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, discourses, and celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.