The centre was started in 1952 and made a branch of the Mission in 1966.
- A high school and a junior basic school with 830 and 110 students respectively.
- A night school with 276 scheduled caste boys, four non-formal education centres with 140 students, a free coaching centre with 75 students, and 26 values education centres for children and women with 1048 students.
- A students’ hostel with 150 boys.
- A library with 7860 books and 17 newspapers and periodicals.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 14,781 cases this year.
- Self-employment programmes, distribution of clothes, milk, medicines and so on, providing pecuniary and other types of help to the poor for house-repairing, etc, installing bore-wells and construction of community toilets in rural areas.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, weekly classes in and outside the ashrama, celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.