The centre was started in 1952 and made a branch of the Mission in 1966.
- A secondary school and a junior basic school.
- Five non-formal education centres, a coaching centre, and 22 values education centres with 972 students.
- A students’ hostel for boys.
- Seven units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary.
- Welfare and rural development work: (i) distribution of clothes, blankets, milk, medicines and so on, (ii) conducting health camps, (iii) providing pecuniary and other types of help to the poor for house-repairing, etc and (iv) renovation of community hall and construction of toilets in rural areas.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, weekly and monthly classes in the ashrama and elsewhere, celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda and other festivals.
Amarkanan Sri Ramakrishna Sevadal Ashrama, was founded in 1924. It was taken over by the Ramakrishna Mission in 2020, renamed ‘Ramakrishna Mission’ and made a sub-centre of Ramharipur centre.
- Students’ Home with 37 students.
- Vocational training centre in tailoring and dhoop sticks making.
- Daily worship and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
Sub Centre : Amarkanan