The ashrama was started in 1928 and made a branch of the Ramakrishna Mission in 1941.
- A charitable dispensary with a dental unit. 41,137 cases were treated this year. Apart from that, 20 medical camps were organized at different places in which 11,565 cases were treated.
- Twenty free eye camps in which 345 patients underwent cataract surgery.
- A library with 4753 books and 16 periodicals and newspapers.
- A free coaching centre with 161 poor slum students, a lending library with 750 books and a Balak Sangha with 80 boys for imparting moral education at Pudur (a suburban area).
- A computer training centre with 10 poor slum students.
- Comprehensive values education programmes on the ashrama premises and colleges (1745 students participated).
- Welfare work by way of distribution of clothes, serving milk and nutritious meals to poor children daily and occasional distribution of uniforms, educational aids, scholarships, etc to poor students.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, weekly religious classes, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, bimonthly retreats, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.