Started in 1897 by Swami Akhandananda (a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna), this is the oldest centre of the Ramakrishna Mission.
- A high school with 1075 boys.
- Three units of junior basic school with 613 boys and 114 girls.
- A residential junior basic teachers’ training institute with 98 boys.
- Two hostels with 78 students.
- Seven free coaching centres with 579 students.
- Six libraries with reading rooms: 13,173 books and 25 periodicals and newspapers.
- A charitable dispensary with allopathic, homeopathic and ayurvedic sections, which treated 38,275 cases this year.
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 9141 cases.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of milk, clothes, blankets, etc and providing pecuniary, medical and educational aids to the needy.
- Religious activities: Daily worship and observance of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.
- Activities at Berhampore sub-centre (153, R. N. Tagore Road, Dist. Murshidabad, PIN 742 101) :
- A students’ home with 8 college students,
- A library with 1614 books and 3 periodicals, and
- Daily prayers and weekly religious