The centre was started in 1916 and made a branch in 1926.
- A library and a reading room with 4375 books.
- A students’ home with 48 boys.
- A six-month course in computer operations, affiliated to Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB), with 39 students.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 26,652 patients.
- Welfare work involving distribution of clothes, blankets, etc., and providing educational and medical help to the needy.
- Daily worship, weekly religious classes and occasional lectures, as also seminars and other cultural programmes.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and also Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.