The centre was started in 1916 and made a branch in 1926.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary.
- A students’ home.
- A six-month course in computer operations, affiliated to Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB).
- A library and a reading room.
- Welfare work involving distribution of clothes, blankets, and providing educational and medical help to the needy.
- Daily worship, weekly religious classes and occasional lectures, as also seminars and other cultural programmes.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and also Durga Puja and Kali Puja.