Started in 1938 and taken over by the Ramakrishna Mission in 1939, this ashrama is situated very close to the sea (Ramakrishna Beach).
- A dispensary for the treatment of cerebral-palsied children, with facilities like physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, special education, speech therapy, counselling of parents, etc, treated 11,002 children this year.
- A mobile medical unit through which 50 free medical camps were conducted (2477 patients were treated; 216 of them were operated for eye cataract).
- A public library and a free reading room with 19,200 books and 60 newspapers and periodicals.
- An English-medium secondary school, located a little away from the ashrama, with 431 boys and 429 girls.
- An exhibition on the lives of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- Fifty-one values education programmes in schools and colleges benefitting 8198 students.
- A vocational training centre with 63 women learning tailoring.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, religious discourses in the ashrama and elsewhere, monthly retreats, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work by way of providing scholarships to poor students and medical help to the needy.