The centre was started in 1904 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 1911.
- A hostel with 75 students.
- A library and a reading room (with 4400 books) and a bookstall.
- A charitable homeopathic dispensary, which treated 5700 cases. Also conducted eye camps in which 800 patients were screened.
- A computer training centre with 91 students.
- An audio-visual unit: screened 10 films in villages which were viewed by 2000 people.
- Daily worship, religious festivals, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personalities.
- Weekly religious classes and occasional discourses in and outside the centre.
- Welfare works by way of distribution of blankets, clothes, etc and providing pecuniary help.