The centre was started in 1904 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in 1911.
- A hostel.
- A library and a reading room.
- A homeopathic dispensary.
- A computer training centre.
- An audio-visual unit which screens religious and educational films.
- Daily worship, religious festivals, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious personalities.
- Weekly religious classes and occasional discourses in the ashrama and elsewhere.
- Welfare work.