The centre was started in 1936.
- Three higher secondary schools.
- A primary school.
- A hostel for boys.
- Four libraries.
- Free tuitions, and training in tailoring and computer operations to rural youth.
- A health centre with allopathic, homeopathy and siddha sections.
- A mobile medical unit.
- Welfare work by way of providing pecuniary help, educational help to the poor and needy.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious leaders.