The Cuttack ashrama is on a piece of land where Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi had alighted from a lunch in November 1888 during her first visit to Puri Jagannath Dham. Most Revered Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj laid its foundation in 1993 and consecreted the temple of Sri Ramakrishna Deva in 2006. The ashrama was taken over by the Headquarters, Belur Math, and was declared as a sub-center of Ramakrishna Mission, Bhubaneswar with its distinctive name of ‘Ramakrishna Mission, Cuttack’ in 2016. It became an independent branch centre of ‘Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math’ on 1 April 2018.
- Free coaching classes to students of Class IX and X.
- Relief and welfare services (distribution of blankets, dress, etc) to the needy.
- Homeopathy dispensary at the ashrama. Free eye treatment for the needy.
- Daily worship and devotional singing, weekly religious discourses.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other festivals.