The centre was started in 1979 for providing medical facilities to the tribal population of Arunachal Pradesh.
- A hospital with 263 beds, 5 well-equipped operation theatres, general medicine, surgical, gynecology, ENT, pediatrics, orthopedics, anesthesiology, ophthalmology, dental, radiology, pathology, homeopathy, psychiatry, dermatology, physiotherapy, ultrasonography, CT Scan, ECG, GI endoscopy, oncology, urology, yoga and naturopathy, blood bank, laboratory, telemedicine and other sections. The attached artificial limb fitting centre provides ortho-aids and appliances.
- An outpatient department, with a unit for TB treatment.
- Medical camps, eye camps, blood donation camps.
- A residential school of nursing.
- Lectures, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other prophets.