The centre was started in 1978 and made a branch of the Mission in 1988.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 16,093 cases this year.
- A mobile medical unit, which treated 7450 cases this year.
- A library and a reading room with 9600 books and 56 newspapers and periodicals.
- Vivekananda Balak Sangha, a cultural unit, with 18 children.
- Religious and cultural activities: Daily worship, bhajans, weekly religious discourses, fortnightly Ramanam Sankirtan, celebration of Kali puja and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work by way of providing blankets to the needy.