The centre was started in 1968 and made a branch of the Mission in 1994.
- A charitable allopathic dispensary with eye, dental and physiotherapy sections and a laboratory (18,542 cases were treated).
- Two libraries having reading rooms for children and elders, with 6358 books and 13 periodicals and newspapers.
- A permanent exhibition on the life of Swami Vivekananda in the Limbdi Royal Durbar Hall.
- Vivekananda Balak Sangha, a cultural and recreational centre with 30 children. A summer camp with 168 children.
- Welfare work by way of providing educational aid to students, food grains to poor people every month.
- Religious activities: Regular worship, religious classes, and observance of the birthdays of religious personages.