The centre was started in 1968 and made a branch of the Mission in 1994.
- A charitable allopathic dispensary with eye, dental and physiotherapy sections and a laboratory (16,068 cases were treated).
- Two libraries having reading rooms for children and elders, with 6325 books and 8 periodicals and newspapers.
- A permanent exhibition on the life of Swami Vivekananda in the Limbdi Royal Durbar Hall.
- Vivekananda Balak Sangha, a cultural and recreational centre with 30 boys.
- Welfare work by way of providing educational aid to students, food grains to poor people every month, and occasional distribution of blankets, sweaters, medicines, etc to the poor and afflicted.
- Religious activities: Regular worship, religious classes, and observance of the birthdays of religious personages.