The centre was started in 1961 and made a branch of the Mission in 1992.
- A welfare home for destitute boys.
- A vocational training centre providing training in electrical, electronics, tailoring, and other vocations.
- Four coaching centres for students who were also given study materials, nutritious food, moral and cultural education and tips on hygienic living.
- A cultural centre for children.
- A computer training centre.
- Values education and personality development workshops.
- A library.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, weekly spiritual classes, Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.