The centre was started in 1921.
- Three higher secondary schools for girls with 3523
- A middle school with 90
- A primary school with 212
- Two hostels: one with 27 borders and another with 6
- Five libraries with 34,211 books and 13 newspapers and periodicals.
- Apart from teaching normal students, special care is given for slow learners and students suffering from hearing impairment, dyslexia and paralyzed hand.
- Cloths and educational aids to poor students of the schools.
- Religious activities: Providing moral and religious instructions to the students and observing the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious teachers.