Started in 1941, this centre runs several institutions.
- Vidyamandira is a residential autonomous degree college of arts and science offering 14 undergraduate honours courses including two applied subjects, viz. computer science and industrial chemistry. Besides, five postgraduate courses (Sanskrit, Bengali, Mathematics, Philosophy and Applied Chemistry) are also taught in the college. The college also runs a research centre offering short-term courses and M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes.
- Sikshanamandira is a residential postgraduate autonomous college of teacher education offering B.Ed., M.Ed., M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. The institution also conducts certificate courses in Guidance & Counselling and Yoga & Education.
- Shilpamandira is a polytechnic, providing three-year diploma courses in civil, mechanical, electrical, and electronics & telecommunication engineering. The community training centre attached to it trains students through NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation) approved short-term courses in trades such as welding, automobile servicing, electrical wiring, etc. It also runs a computer centre offering different courses such as financial accounting, Auto CAD and Multimedia.
- Shilpavidyalaya, a private Industrial Training Institute established in 1921, offers: (i) training in the following NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training) – affiliated trades: draughtsmanship (civil and mechanical), electrician, electronics mechanic, welder, turner and fitter trades, (ii) a non-affiliated one-year course in electrical repairing and welding, (iii) higher secondary (vocational) courses affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill
Development in two streams: Computer Maintenance & Networking and Electrical Maintenance & Installation.
- Samaj Sevak Sikshanamandira, a residential agro-based training centre for educating and training unemployed rural youths in various trades and rural development activities functioning as a Rural Self-Employment Training Institute (RSETI). This centre conducts Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programme (REDP), a 10-month residential course and various training programmes.
- Janasikshamandira, the unit working for the welfare and uplift of the rural population with help from many village- level organizations, conducts the following:
- Educational activities: (a) need-based vocational training courses such as TV repairing, carpentry, book-binding for poor youths and inmates of correctional homes, (b) twelve non-formal education centres for non-school-going and school-dropout children at different locations, (c) an adult education centre, (d) two coaching centres, and (e) a library;
- Health and Hygiene activities: (a) conducts eye and general medical camps and (b) build low-cost toilets in villages;
- Village-level workers’ training centre for youths and children.
- Welfare work by way of providing clothes, pecuniary help, medical help and educational help to the needy.
- Production and publication department which imparts training to unemployed youths in photo binding and making of incense sticks.
- Tattwamandira: It is the central unit where religious classes for the public and scriptural classes for the monastic members are held and Jagaddhatri Puja is performed. It also undertakes welfare work by way of providing educational aids and scholarships to poor students, pecuniary help to cancer patients, conducting health awareness camps and installing Arsenic-free water plants in villages.
- A multimedia exhibition on Swami Vivekananda.