Started in 1941, this centre runs several institutions.
- Vidyamandira is a residential autonomous degree college of arts and science offering 14 undergraduate honours courses including two applied subjects, viz. computer science and industrial chemistry. Besides, five postgraduate courses (Sanskrit, Bengali, Mathematics, Philosophy and Applied Chemistry) are also taught in the college. A total of 695 students were on the roll this year. It has a library with 65,525 books. The college also runs a research centre offering short-term courses and M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes.
- Sikshanamandira is a residential postgraduate autono- mous college of teacher education offering B.Ed., M.Ed., M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. It had 291 students this It has two libraries with 32,166 books. The institution also conducted two certificate courses in Guidance & Counselling (17 students) and Yoga & Education (63 students).
- Shilpamandira is a polytechnic, providing three-year diploma courses in civil, mechanical, electrical, and electronics & telecommunication It had 664 students this year. Its library had 27,679 books. The community training centre attached to it trained 963 students through NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation) approved short-term courses in trades such as welding, automobile servicing, electrical wiring, etc. It also runs a computer centre with 2212 students in different courses such as financial accounting, Auto CAD, Multimedia, etc.
- Shilpayatana is a self-financing industrial training institute affiliated to NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training) offering courses in welder, turner, fitter and electrician trades (77 students). It also runs higher secondary (vocational) courses affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD) (two trades with 53 students).
- Shilpavidyalaya is a private industrial training institute established in 1921 and affiliated to NCVT (National Council for Vocational Training). It offers training courses in draughtsmanship (civil and mechanical), electrical works and electronics. It also runs a non-affiliated one-year course in electrical repair. It had 169 students on roll this year.
- Samaj Sevak Sikshanamandira, a residential agro-based training centre for educating and training unemployed rural youths in various trades and rural development activities functioning as a Rural Development and Self-Employment Training Institute (RUDSETI). This centre conducts Rural Entrepreneurship Development Programme (REDP), a 10-month residential course with an annual intake of 35 students and various training programmes (62 programmes with 1677 trainees).
- Janasikshamandira, the unit working for the welfare and uplift of the rural population with help from many village- level organizations, conducted the following:
- Educational activities: (a) need-based vocational training courses such as TV repairing, carpentry, book-binding, etc for poor youths and inmates of correctional homes (470 trained this year), (b) twelve non-formal education centres for 343 non-school-going and school-dropout children at different locations, (c) one adult education centre (with 28 women), (d) two free coaching centres (with 66 students), and (e) a library with 27,426 books;
- Health and Hygiene activities: (a) conducted 47 free eye and general medical camps (3594 patients treated) and (b) constructed 89 low-cost toilets in 11 villages;
- Village-level workers’ training centre for youths and children (2703 members benefited).
- Welfare work by way of providing clothes, pecuniary help, medical help and educational help to the needy.
- The production and publication department serves as a small training wing to impart training to unemployed youths in photo binding, making of incense sticks, etc.
- Tattwamandira is the central unit where religious classes for the public and scriptural classes for the monastic members are held and Jagaddhatri Puja is performed. It also conducts welfare work by way of providing educational aids, scholarships to poor students, pecuniary help to cancer patients, installation of water purifiers in villages, etc.
- A permanent multimedia exhibition on the life of Swami Vivekananda.