Started in 1926 under the name Ramakrishna Vivekananda Sevashrama, the centre was made a branch of Ramakrishna Mission in July 2003.
- A charitable eye hospital with 30 beds, which treated 36,550 cases and operated 4972 cataract patients. The attached OPD wing with allopathic, dental & homeopathic sections and two charitable homeopathic dispensaries in the town treated 51,097 cases.
- Eye camps in different villages in Bihar.
- A free coaching centre with 125 students of various government schools.
- Four units of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa consisting of 50 children each.
- Training in basic computer operations to 12 students and tailoring to 50 girls.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of blankets etc.
- Religious activities: Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious teachers, as also festivals like Kali Puja.